Friday, March 6, 2009 | By: Nia

Life is worth it because...

Strange, but sometimes the tiniest things in life which you don't really pay attention to can surprise you and make the effort really worth it...make you feel content...and reassure you that there's always something to live for in life.. like (bear with me guys... this one's loooong :) )...



  • Ma humming without her really knowing it..
  • Da's 'head-thrown-back-from-the-gut' laughter..
  • Nikky's(my sister) occasional full blown tantrum ( love every bit of it :P)..
  • The memory of ammamma's lullaby..
  • Godiva's Chocoiste Solid Milk after a crappy day..
  • The smell of rain and the anticipation of a scrumptious roasted corn-cob..
  • The wind in the face when I'm on my activa..
  • My ma's dimples..
  • A good book..
  • Music that gives you goose-flesh..
  • Those li'l pep talks with nikky, kru or swe..
  • Waiting for da's call when he's on voyage & listening to his voice at the other end of the phone..
  • Gossip about anyone and everyone with kruthi..
  • A silence that needs no explanation and yet is understood succinctly..
  • Adi's expression when the joke's on him :P..
  • Sumanth's glee when the joke's on Adi :P :P..
  • Random discussions about the most abstract stuff..
  • Catching up with Sruthi or Valli on things..
  • Cartoons...anime...manga... yeah!!..
  • Poetry..
  • The 4 o' clock cuppa elaichi chai shared with ma..
  • Baking! ..
  • The first few flakes of snow...
  • Morning walks with da..
  • Amazing nightcaps with nishu, sam and dino...
  • Endless conversations with Nikky..
  • Ben n Jerry's Double Fudge :)..
  • Dreams ..
  • The expression on people's faces when kruthi,swetha and me talk in 'p-language'..
  • The tiny bubble of happiness when someone gives you a compliment that they really mean..
  • My da's singing which misses every beat and is off every note!! :D..
And many many more...


I'm sure everyone has their own endless list...one peek into your list may sometimes help you sail through those countless worst-day-of-my-life 's. One of the reasons I'm writing 'em down is probably so that it'll be there to remind me that there is always something that makes you go on. There may be days when you see no reason whatsoever in the things that happen but like they say..
'This too shall pass'..

Wish I actually remember all this "philosophy" when I'm at the prime of one of my famous blue-hazed "Life sucks!" sulks where I'm cribbing to hell and back :P ...





4 comments:

Nikky said...

ahem... i think what i have are rants and not tantrums....

Nia said...

whatever they are....love em :D

Unknown said...

its really nice

S K said...

Nice one Nia.
I wrote a similar piece :)