Friday, February 27, 2009 | By: Nia

On top of the world..

One of the many things that I miss about home is the sunrise (not that I'm a morning person :P but still) and the moon-rise from our 5th floor balcony. No matter how tensed or irritated you are or even if you've had the biggest row ever or are pissed off with the world in general (which I am very often for no other reason except that I like a good sulk :D), a few moments here during these times can do wonders for your peace of mind.

Some of my fondest memories are all in that little cherished cove that opens out to the sky and the world.I'll always remember sitting around the swing and talking ( be it to my mom, dad or my sister) till 3.00 a.m. in the morning without a care in the world, seeing my first and only falling star, listening to my grandma sing as she sits in the swing that she really loves and just sitting there and taking in the silence of the night.

Now that I'm writing about it, I really know how much I miss it...

This one is one of my very first poems that reminds me of all the things above...


Crystal Dawn

On a beautiful morn
Look up to the skies
Take a deep breath
And enjoy the sight
For one full moment
Forget your plight
Pay no heed
To the worries in life
Just for a moment
Feel that peaceful dawn
And cherish for ever
The pleasure that you have known.

Nia


5 comments:

twist knob said...

well that poem sums it all up pretty well. so when ever you are pissed off with this world just recollect it :D

to quote perl s. buck "Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up."

p.s. is this blog gonna be a regular feature now ? if not I hope you make it one :)

Nia said...

I hope so too :)... lets see how lazy a bum I am :P

Unknown said...

hey..so finally u r here too..a nice blog tht is..sums up ur feelings..n going by the description, one would surely miss such a place.. :d

Suma said...

nice one nia :) reading da blog reminding me of my sweet home :D...though u stated dis blog out of boredom....u can't hide such a wonderful poetess :P from us...keep posting...i even knw tht u r a lazy bum :P...bt dont give al lame xcuses meri jaan :)..eagerly waitng fr ur next post..

Nia said...

@suma thank you :)
@sam ... yep here I am :P